Pro Life in TN

My photo
Pro Life thoughts in a pro choice world through the eyes of a convert. I took early retirement after working in the social work and Human Resources fields but remain active by being involved in pro life education, lobbying and speaking .

Adoption

Adoption

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Knoxville TN pro life groups ask local docs not to do abortion at remaining mill....



Committed pro life watchers in Knoxville, TN has posted this on Facebook. It is important that local people like these keep a watch on what is happening and respond. Already we have heard reports from post abortive women regretting their abortions discussing their concerns with doctors who were considering partnering with this abortion facility and at least one decided not to join them. Women have a right to know if their OB/GYN is doing abortions on the side. Imagine this as a part time job...delivering babies during the week and destroying developing babies in the womb on weekends. 

I had an experience going to a GYN some years ago and when I was taken back to the examining room I saw a huge sign on the door of the Dr. advertising abortion supporting candidates even though the election had been over for two years. I asked the nurse if that was the office of the Dr. that was seeing me and she acknowledged that it was. I then asked if the Dr. was pro abortion and did she do abortions. The nurse avoided answering my question, advising me to get undressed and speak to the Dr. when she comes in. I had my answer and said I did not need to see this Dr. and left immediately. My sister thought I was overreacting but all I could think of was...hands that shed innocent blood....do I want those hands caring for me. The answer is NO.


"IMPORTANT ALERT! It has come to light that the Knoxville Center for Reproductive Health abortion clinic on Clinch Ave. is recruiting local Obstetrician/Gynecologists to do abortions for them. It is critical that we all contact our own doctors as soon as possible to let them know that we are aware of this recruiting effort and that we oppose any involvement by them in this deadly business.
We have also been grieved and shocked to learn some of our own doctors are already involved in abortion at the Clinch Avenue clinic. One of those doctors is Susan Dodd of the Women’s Care Group that practices at UT Hospital and Tennova. 
Women's Care Group • Knoxville, TN


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women have the right to choose. If you don't want an abortion...don't get one. Keep your laws off MY body

Anonymous said...

Women have the right to choose. If you don't want an abortion...don't get one. Keep your laws off MY body

Anonymous said...

You may say keep your laws off your body but who's going to stand up for the body of the person within you that you are killing? Just because when they scream you can't hear them unless you have a monitor, does not make it right that you are murdering a child within you!! They have the right to have life and need to be defended. We are not saying "keep them" we are just saying "birth them"....give them their own life!

Kali Starr said...

If Dr Dodd is one of the doctors they are very lucky to have her. She is an EXCELLENT doctor.
I am Pro Choice.

Diane Martin said...

If qualified Doctors won't/can't provide the option for abortion because they are boycotted and harassed, then some women will resort to unsafe means to terminate their pregnancies. Abortion is not a choice many people want to make but sometimes it is necessary.
Dr Dodd is a wonderful, caring individual and I hate to see her persecuted for her LEGAL beliefs and stepping up to the plate when others shrank away.

Anonymous said...

Dr Susan Dodd is an excellent GYN and i support her. I am PRO Choice as well.

Anonymous said...

If you want to increase your knowledge simply keep visiting
this web site and be updated with the most recent news
posted here.

Also visit my web-site :: Deer Antler Spray Online

Anonymous said...

Dr. Dodd is an excellent Dr indeed. She has been my Dr for the past 19 years which happens to be equal to half my life. She was there through both of my pregnancies and the births of both of my children. She did my total hysterectomy as well. She has been a very good Dr to me over the years. HOWEVER... I must say I was completely shocked and saddened to learn of her latest, shall we call it, professional endeavours. I respect the fact that she had the respect for me as a long standing patient to tell me herself so that I could make the decision of allowing her to continue being my Dr or not. I do respect her for that and I do respect the excellent job she has done as my Dr over the past 19 years. Sadly the respect stops there and it's with a heavy heart that I will now be finding a new Dr. I feel that my continuing on as her patient would be me saying that I believe what she is doing is ok and that I support what she is now standing for when I DO NOT. When she told me the news today I was speechless... all I could think was How can someone who has been such an excellent Dr who has delivered so many babies and seen the miracle of life, how can someone who has been given such a gift as such an excellent Dr, how can they use those same hands to destroy life? How can you justify that? How in your mind can you make it ok? How can you think for a moment that it's ok to use the same hands that have gently delivered babies and loving placed them on a mother's chest, & now they kill unborn babies and place them in a waste container? How? As much as I have loved having a wonderful Dr like Dr. Dodd I can not support this. Nor do I wish to get in a political debate of pro life v/s pro choice. As I told Dr.Dodd I have very strong convictions and beliefs on this topic but at the same time I don't believe it's my place to judge someone else on their convictions and beliefs. I will simple end by saying... As for me and my house- we will serve the Lord and I can not do that by supporting a practice that kills unborn babies period.

Anonymous said...

I am against abortions. I think for whatever reason these women do this it would not hurt to do adoption. But Dr. Dodd was my doctor for my miscarriage (which she did EVERYTHING possible to save) along with a pregnancy, general GYN, and cervical cancer with resulted in a hysterectomy she preformed. She is a very knowledgeable doctor who has A+ beside manners. Dr. Dodd came to the hospital even though she was not on call when I had a gyn emergancy and literally saved my life. She told me her choices and allowed me to choose if I wanted to follow her to her new location. Of course I did do I support what she does or what the patients choose to have done NO but do I intend on choosing a less qualified doctor because of this? If Dr. Dodd would not have been kind enough to come to the hospital and if she would not have been educated enough to know what was going on then I would have laid there and died within hrs... I was lucky enough that I had a dedicated smart doctor and although I do not agree with abortion I am not going to deny myself a good doctor over it.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Dodd is such a wonderful woman. I cannot speak for her but if I were to guess she doesn't see herself as "killing babies with the same hands she delivers babies with." I see her as being a genuinely tender-hearted person who does not discriminate against a woman's rights. I think she stands for just wanting to help because she truly cares for and about women and their reproductive rights. Whether that be delivering babies, saving women's lives from cancers, and even abortion. I will always have nothing but utmost respect for Mrs. Dodd. To each their own.

Susie Allen said...

I have to wonder about the continued posts protesting what a wonderful woman this abortionist is. There is a sameness to the posts. Does the truth hurt??

Followers